News

All the news from across UoM Sport

Armitage Sports Centre Gym Membership FAQs & Response following Closure

by | Nov 13, 2020 | Sport News | 0 comments

In response to enquires we are currently receiving, see below our responses to current frequently asked questions:

Q: if the centre is closed, how can I benefit from my membership in during lockdown 2?
A: During the period of closure, UoM sport will be delivering classes, activities and challenges online to help you stay physically active. Please follow our social media channels @uomsport to get involved.

Q: I have bought a membership this year. Can I get a refund due to the lockdown closure?
A: All memberships will be extended for the period of time the centre is closed. Refunds will not be given unless in exceptional circumstances as outlined in the membership terms and conditions.

Q: Do I need to do anything to ensure my membership is extended?
A: No, nothing at all, we will extend your membership automatically and add the period of time we are closed to the end of your current membership expiry date.

Q: I am not returning to university until after Christmas, will my membership be extended for the tie missed?
A: All memberships will be extended for the time that the centre has had to close due to national restrictions. This will be added on to you membership after your expiry date.

Q: If my membership is extended, what happens if this runs in to the Christmas, Easter or summer break when I will not be at university?
A: All memberships purchased run for the dates of the calendar year and are not specific term time only memberships. The extension will therefore be for the period of time we were closed and not the period of time individuals may miss as the centre is open and accessible year round.

Q: When will the gym reopen?
A: Due to current government Covid -19 restrictions, the centre will be closed from Thursday 5th November until at least Thursday 3rd December. We will update customers with re opening information as soon as possible.

For further enquiries, please contact us via email: armitagecentre@manchester.ac.uk