Gym Membership FAQs – March 2021

In response to enquiries we are currently receiving, see below our responses to frequently asked questions:

Q: When will the gym re open?

A: The gym and fitness facilities will reopen in line with the government roadmap on Monday 12th April 2021. Members will once again need to book gym sessions in advance. Bookings will be available up to 8 days in advance and will be available to book from 4th April 2021.

Q: I have bought a membership this year. Can I get a refund due to the lockdown closure?

A: All memberships will automatically be extended for the period of time the centre is closed. Refunds will not be given unless in exceptional circumstances whereby the refund criteria is met.

If you purchased your membership before July 31st 2020 and have had you membership extended previously, you will not be eligible for a refund and your membership will only be extended for the time remaining on your previous extension prior to closure.

If you purchased your membership after 1st August 2020, you may be eligible for a refund for the period of time the facilities have been closed and the time remaining on your membership. This will be on a pro rata calculation and you must meet the eligibility criteria outlined below.

Members eligible for refunds will also be extended automatically then processed as per the date of the refund application. The system will then be updated accordingly.

Refunds will only be given if the following criteria is met:

Resfit Members – Students purchasing a Resfit membership from 1st September 2020 may be given a partial refund for the period of time missed. This will be calculated pro rata from the date of purchase.

Non Returning / Graduating Students – Any student not returning to complete their programme of study (withdrawing from UoM) OR Graduating this year who have not had the benefit of their membership can apply for a refund.

All members eligible refunds must apply and send back required information before a deadline of 30th April 2021.

All refunds will aim to be processed by a deadline of 31st May 2021 in time for year end.

All other memberships will be automatically extended and not refunded.

All refund enquiries must be send to armitagecentre@manchester.ac.uk before 15th April 2021

Q: I am not returning to university as I am studying online, will my membership be extended for the time missed?

A: All members will automatically be extended for the period of closure and in line with the time remaining on your membership. You do not have to do anything, this will be done automatically and your membership will be live again from the date of reopening on 12th April 2021.

Q: If my membership is extended, what happens if this runs in to the vacation periods when I will not be at university?

A: All memberships purchased run for the dates of the calendar year and are not specific term time only memberships. The extension will therefore be for the period of time the centre has closed and not the period of time individuals may miss due to not being in Manchester as the centre is open and accessible year round.

Q: I have withdrawn from my course and I am no longer studying at the university, am I eligible for a refund?

A: Non Returning / Graduating Students – Any student not returning to complete their programme of study (withdrawing from UoM) OR Graduating this year who have not had the benefit of their membership can apply for a refund.

Q: I would like to speak to someone regarding my membership, how do I get in touch?

A: If you are not able to find the information you are looking for on our webpages, please email your enquiry to armitagecentre@manchester.ac.uk and one of our team will respond as soon as possible