In response to enquiries we are currently receiving, see below our responses to frequently asked questions:

Gym Membership FAQs

Q: When will the Gym Reopen?

A: All sports facilities including the Gym will reopen as soon as possible once National and Local restrictions allow. This may be a phased reopen due to what is allowed at the time. We will update all of our channels as soon as possible with any news and dates for reopening.

Q: I have bought a membership this year. Can I get a refund due to the lockdown closure?

A: All memberships will be extended for the period of time the centre is closed. Refunds will not be given unless in exceptional circumstances as outlined in the membership terms and conditions.

Q: I am not returning to university as I am studying online, will my membership be extended for the time missed?

A: All memberships will be extended for the time that the centre has had to close due to national restrictions. This will be added on to you membership after your expiry date.

Q: If my membership is extended, what happens if this runs in to the vacation periods when I will not be at university?

A: All memberships purchased run for the dates of the calendar year and are not specific term time only memberships. The extension will therefore be for the period of time the centre has closed and not the period of time individuals may miss due to not being in Manchester as the centre is open and accessible year round.

Q: I have withdrawn from my course and I am no longer studying at the university, am I eligible for a refund?

A: Refunds will not be given unless in exceptional circumstances as outlined in the memberhip terms and conditions as agreed at the point of membership purchase. Please refer to our terms and conditions page for further information.

Q: I would like to speak to someone regarding my membership, how do I get in touch?

A: If you are not able to find the information you are looking for on our webpages, please email your enquiry to armitagecentre@manchester.ac.uk and one of our team will respond as soon as possible