Book one of our three pitches at the Armitage Centre in Fallowfield to play sport with your household!
The Armitage Sports centre is opening three different pitches for informal social use through Household Sport. The timetable below summarises the type of activity on each pitch, however, household sport is unstructured and informal so feel free to do any activity permitted on each pitch!
UoM Sport want to make sure that as restrictions ease we are doing what we can to get you and your friends outdoors and active. Structured, competitive sport has really suffered this last year and we know how much everyone just wants to get back outdoors, playing social, recreational sport. Household Sport is aimed at giving existing bubbles within residences or accommodation the opportunity to get active safely.
There are bookable slots at The Armitage Sports Centre from 12:00-15:00 every week day and different pitches to allow a variety of activities to choose from.
Monday – Friday
A sand based pitch – suitable for most sports including Football, Hockey and Ultimate Frisbee. Click here to book.
Multi Use Games Area (MUGA) (suitable for Netball, Basketball and Tennis). Click here to book.
A 3G pitch (suitable for Football, Touch Rugby/Flag football). Click here to book.
How to book:
- To book a slot please click here to be redirected to the online store.
- Fill in all the details including the names of all the other people from your household who will be attending and an indication of the type of activity you will be doing on the pitch (this is to allow the facility staff to get the pitch ready for you).
- Select your timeslot on pitch then pay the £5 fee.
- You will be sent a booking confirmation and a disclaimer including links to the latest Government COVID guidelines. You will also be sent a Risk Assessment for the pitch and activity. Make sure read this in advance of your booking.
Risk Assessments for Household Sport Activities
Household Sport Disclaimer
Thank you for booking your household sport session. As the main contact for this session you are responsible for ensuring only students in your household bubble attend the session. All government, university and facility COVID guidelines must be adhered to at all times, failure to do so may result in disciplinary actions.
Make sure you, or single individual (not your entire group) report to reception at the facility to let them know when you arrive and when you leave. This allows the staff to open and close the pitch for your use. Ensure you are wearing a mask when indoors at the facility.
The activity you selected does not need to be exclusively played for your booking allocation. However, the facility need to know in advance if specific goals or equipment need to be moved on the pitch you are using. You will also need to bring your own equipment as UoM Sport cannot provide any for you.
Please also make sure you also read the further information on the UoM Sport website including the Risk Assessment for your chosen activity.
If any person in your household test positive for COVID then please report the case via the University online form as soon as possible. The link to the reporting form can be found here – https://survey.manchester.ac.uk/pssweb/index.php/878934/lang-en
Link to Government guidance on grassroots sport – https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-grassroots-sports-guidance-for-safe-provision-including-team-sport-contact-combat-sport-and-organised-sport-events
Thanks and enjoy your session!
How it works
- Booking will be released for each week and require that you book at least 24 hours in advance. This allows the information to be communicated to the Armitage Sports Centre staff.
- The lead name will be held responsible for the household group adhering to the sports centre rules and latest Government guidelines.
- No equipment can be provided by UoM Sport apart from goals and nets that are already on the pitch. Any equipment required (bibs, balls, cones etc) will need to be provided by the household group.
- You are required to report to reception before and after your allocated booking slot. This allows the centre staff to open and close the pitch for your use. Please do not come in with your entire group, just the named person who made the booking.
- Please wear a mask at all times when inside the facility and adhere to social distancing rules.
- There will also be UoM sport staff on site to spot check activity is being carried out safely.
Our A to Zs
Sport A to Z
View our A to Z of all the sports that we offer at Manchester.
Activities A to Z
Take a look at all the activities we offer to get you more active at Manchester.