Our scholarships support student-athletes to thrive both in their academics and in their sport
For high performing athletes we offer a comprehensive package of support to help you develop and excel across all aspects of your life.
We pride ourselves on our person-centred approach, shaping your scholarship support based on your journey and your needs as an individual. Whether you have an existing support teams (such as English Institute of Sport support) or would need our expert practitioners to support your development, we work with you from the outset to co-ordinate support that matters, placing you at the very centre of all decisions.
We’re passionate about helping you develop to be the best you can be and to help you achieve your aspirations in sport, studies and in life.
Our 2020-21 Sport Scholars
Nicole Burdett – BSc Psychology
Aimee Pratt – BSc Anatomical Sciences
Harriet Knowles-Jones – BEng Mechanical Engineering
Amelia Jarvis – BA Criminology
Sophie Capewell – BSc Mathematics
Eleanor Taylor – LLB Law with International Study
Catriona Booth – MRes Cardiovascular Health and Disease
Natalie Stevens – BEng Civil Engineering
Sotia Zenios – MBChB/PhD Medicine
Amy Carter – MBChB Medicine
Imogen Turner – BDS Dentistry
Lois Pearson – BSc Mathematics
Fergus Warr – BA History
Ruth Mwandumba – PhD Epidemiology
Bailey Hairsine – MSci Biomedical Science
Grace Harvey – BSc Immunology
Jamie Ingram – BSc Mathematics
Emma Cogni – BA Politics, Philosophy and Economics
- Up to £1500 towards training or competition expense
- Annual gym pass for Armitage Sports Centre or Sugden
- Athletic Union club membership
- 1–2–1 sessions with our expert Strength and Conditioning Coaches
- Physiotherapy from our full-time University / TASS Physiotherapist
- Mentoring / Lifestyle support
- Sports scholarship kit
- Access to workshops
- Promotion of your success
- Opportunity to be an ambassador for your sport
- A University of Manchester full-time/part-time undergraduate/postgraduate student OR a prospective student who has received a conditional/unconditional offer and is commencing study in that same year.
- Competing at a minimum of Junior National level on a recognised player pathway for your sport (which must be a Talent-funded Sport England/UK Sport recognised sport, or equivalent for Overseas applications).
- Be contracted to a club in a semi/full level professional league or competition at a national/international level
- An ambassador for your sport with a commitment to supporting the development and performance of the relevant University Sports Club for your sport (in an agreed capacity)
- Able to demonstrate a commitment to striving for personal excellence which needs to be defined in this application.
- Able to demonstrate Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic and Time-bound (SMART) sporting and educational goals which need to be defined in your application.
Information for Applicants
- We invite applications from domestic and international students that meet our scholarship criteria.
- The application window for 2021-22 academic year will open later this year. Follow the Interested in Manchester link below to receive a notification email about the application window opening.
Interested in Manchester?
Register your interest in a Sport Scholarship in 2021-22
Talented Athlete Scholarship Scheme