A wide and varied range of accessible, inclusive sport and activity for everyone.
Our recreational sport offer is entitled Sporticipate, and is the entry level programme for all students and staff at The University of Manchester.
Search for our list of activities here
All sessions, programmes and events are open to all abilities, specifically people who are new to the activity or complete beginners. All sessions provide equipment and the sessions are facilitated by the UoM Sport Workforce.
Sportcipate runs a full weekly drop in timetable, structured blocks of ‘Learn To’ coached sessions and regular large scale events. All are either free or at very low cost, which helps you stay fit and active during your time on campus.
With our #ActiveAnywhere campaign students, staff and the University’s wider community can become, and remain active regardless of where they are.
Search for and join the ‘University of Manchester Sport’ from their we have lots of communities to join including Sporticipate.
Click here to join our Sporticipate community. You can register and take part in the range of activities on offer quickly and easily for free.
Saturday 18th September is our FREE Sporticipate taster day at The Armitage Sports Centre. Full details on how to register are below, just click the drop down menu to find out more.
Sporticipate taster day (Saturday 18th September 11-3pm at the Armitage Sports Centre)
- Sporticipate is running it's first FREE event this weekend at the Armitage Sports Centre. All sessions are mixed and aimed at the social/recreational level.
- No equipment is required, just bring comfortable clothes and a drink.
- To register (places are limited) click here and select the session you wish to attend. Sessions include Netball, Basketball, Badminton, Dodgeball, Touch Rugby, Flag Football, Lacrosse and Quidditch!
- If you want to attend more than one, please fill out the link again.
- All future Sporticipate activities will be run via Playwaze, so please make sure you register for Playwaze here or download the app via the Android/App store and join our community here.
- 11:00-12:00 - Netball (Hall A&B)
- 12:00-13:00 - Basketball (Hall A)
- 12:00-13:00 - Dodgeball (Hall B)
- 13:00-14:00 - Badminton (Hall A&B)
- 13:00-14:00 - Lacrosse (Pitch A)
- 14:00-15:00 - Quidditch (Pitch A)
- 13:00-14:00 - American (Flag) Football (Pitch E)
- 14:00-15:00 - Touch Rugby (Pitch E)
The Armitage Sports Centre and a special Sporticipate Offer
Drop in sessions (starting from 4th October)
- Free weekly timetable running each semester. Sporticipate semester one runs from 4th October to 12th December.
- Over 70 hours of free accessible activity delivered on campus.
- Meet new people and find exciting new ways to socialise through sport and activity.
- No commitment! Just turn up and give it a go, try as many activities as you like.
- Variety of sports and activities ranging from Team Sports, Individual Sports, Dance, Martial arts, Fitness and more!
- Clear pathway of development if you find the sport you love!
- To take part you must download the Plawaze app (available via Android/App store). Once downloaded you can join the 'University of Manchester' then search for Sporticipate and all our intramural Sports Leagues!
- Join the Sporticipate community here once you have the Playwaze app.
Volunteer with Sporticipate
Our A to Zs
Sport A to Z
View our A to Z of all the sports that we offer at Manchester.
Activities A to Z
Take a look at all the activities we offer to get you more active at Manchester.