A wide and varied range of accessible, inclusive sport and activity for everyone.
Our recreational sport offer is entitled Sporticipate, and is the entry level programme for all students and staff at The University of Manchester.
All sessions, programmes and events are open to all abilities, specifically people who are new to the activity or complete beginners. All sessions provide equipment and the sessions are facilitated by the UoM Sport Workforce.
Sportcipate runs a full weekly drop in timetable, structured blocks of ‘Learn To’ coached sessions and regular large scale events. All are either free or at very low cost, which helps you stay fit and active during your time on campus.
With our #ActiveAnywhere campaign students, staff and the University’s wider community can become, and remain active regardless of where they are.
New Household Sport
|Monday-Friday||12:30-13:30||Indoor Sports Hall|
|Monday-Friday||13:30-14:30||Indoor Sports Hall|
- To book a slot please click here to be redirected to the online store.
- Fill in all the details including the names of all the other people from your household who will be attending and an indication of the type of activity you will be doing on the pitch (this is to allow the facility staff to get the pitch ready for you).
- Select your timeslot on pitch then pay the £5 fee.
- You will be sent a booking confirmation and a disclaimer including links to the latest Government COVID guidelines. You will also be sent a Risk Assessment for the pitch and activity. Make sure read this in advance of your booking.
- Booking will be released for each week and require that you book at least 24 hours in advance. This allows the information to be communicated to the Armitage Sports Centre staff.
- The lead name will be held responsible for the household group adhering to the sports centre rules and latest Government guidelines.
- No equipment can be provided by UoM Sport apart from goals and nets that are already on the pitch. Any equipment required (bibs, balls, cones etc) will need to be provided by the household group.
- You are required to report to reception before and after your allocated booking slot. This allows the centre staff to open and close the pitch for your use. Please do not come in with your entire group, just the named person who made the booking.
- Please wear a mask at all times when inside the facility and adhere to social distancing rules.
- There will also be UoM sport staff on site to spot check activity is being carried out safely.
Staying Active During National Lockdown
- Local outdoor exercise in a public place once a day with your household, support bubble, on your own or with up to one other person from another household (socially distanced)
- Unlimited exercise within your own place of residence on your own, with your household or support bubble
Timetable and More Information
Drop in (Currently not running)
- Free weekly timetable running each semester.
- Over 70 hours of free accessible activity delivered on campus.
- Meet new people and find exciting new ways to socialise through sport and activity.
- No commitment! Just turn up and give it a go, try as many activities as you like.
- Variety of sports and activities ranging from Team Sports, Individual Sports, Dance, Martial arts, Fitness and more!
- Clear pathway of development if you find the sport you love!
- Register here to be kept up to date with all Sporticipate related activities. It takes seconds and we will only email you with relevant information.
Volunteer with Sporticipate
View Our Timetable
Sign up for Sporticipate updates
Sport and Activities
Our A to Zs
Sport A to Z
View our A to Z of all the sports that we offer at Manchester.
Activities A to Z
Take a look at all the activities we offer to get you more active at Manchester.