A wide and varied range of accessible, inclusive sport and activity for everyone.
Our recreational sport offer is entitled Sporticipate, and is the entry level programme for all students and staff at The University of Manchester.
All sessions, programmes and events are open to all abilities, specifically people who are new to the activity or complete beginners. All sessions provide equipment and the sessions are facilitated by the UoM Sport Workforce.
Sportcipate runs a full weekly drop in timetable, structured blocks of ‘Learn To’ coached sessions and regular large scale events. All are either free or at very low cost, which helps you stay fit and active during your time on campus.
With our #ActiveAnywhere campaign students, staff and the University’s wider community can become, and remain active regardless of where they are.
Summer bookings offer at Armitage
- Existing members can take advantage of some exclusive summer offers at the Armitage Sports Centre
- Indoor badminton courts and outdoor 5-a-side pitches are available for one off casual bookings
|Location||Off peak price 8am-4pm||Peak price 4-10pm|
|Indoor badminton court (4x courts available)||All: £5 per court||UoM Student: £7 per courtUoM Staff: £9 per court|
|Outdoor 5-a-side pitch (3x pitches available)||All: £21 per pitch||UoM Student: £30 per pitchUoM Staff: £32 per pitch|
Staying Active During National Lockdown
- Local outdoor exercise in a public place once a day with your household, support bubble, on your own or with up to one other person from another household (socially distanced)
- Unlimited exercise within your own place of residence on your own, with your household or support bubble
Timetable and More Information
Drop in (Currently not running)
- Free weekly timetable running each semester.
- Over 70 hours of free accessible activity delivered on campus.
- Meet new people and find exciting new ways to socialise through sport and activity.
- No commitment! Just turn up and give it a go, try as many activities as you like.
- Variety of sports and activities ranging from Team Sports, Individual Sports, Dance, Martial arts, Fitness and more!
- Clear pathway of development if you find the sport you love!
- Register here to be kept up to date with all Sporticipate related activities. It takes seconds and we will only email you with relevant information.
Volunteer with Sporticipate
View Our Timetable
Sign up for Sporticipate updates
Sport and Activities
Our A to Zs
Sport A to Z
View our A to Z of all the sports that we offer at Manchester.
Activities A to Z
Take a look at all the activities we offer to get you more active at Manchester.