A wide and varied range of accessible, inclusive sport and activity for everyone.
Our recreational sport offer is entitled Sporticipate, and is the entry level programme for all students and staff at The University of Manchester.
Search for our list of activities via the Playwaze activity finder here
All sessions, programmes and events are open to all abilities, specifically people who are new to the activity or complete beginners. All sessions provide equipment and the sessions are facilitated by the UoM Sport Workforce.
Sportcipate runs a full weekly drop in timetable, structured blocks of ‘Learn To’ coached sessions and regular large scale events. All are either free or at very low cost, which helps you stay fit and active during your time on campus.
With our #ActiveAnywhere campaign students, staff and the University’s wider community can become, and remain active regardless of where they are.
Search for and join the ‘University of Manchester Sport’ from their we have lots of communities to join including Sporticipate.
Click here to join our Sporticipate community. You can register and take part in the range of activities on offer quickly and easily for free.
Sporticipate Exam De-Stress 17th Jan – 28th Jan
Looking to get out from behind the desk and get active? Sporticipate is here to make sure that you are staying active and healthy over exam period. Exercise is a great way to unwind and refresh after long study periods. All sessions can be found on the Playwaze Community and there is a range of well-being based (live and online) activities with a selection of outdoor sporting activities. Use the Activity Finder to book onto any De-Stress session with the De-Stress logo.
Drop in sessions (starting from 31st January)
- Free weekly timetable running each semester. Sporticipate semester one runs from 4th October to 12th December.
- Find all our sessions here
- Over 70 hours of free accessible activity delivered on campus.
- Meet new people and find exciting new ways to socialise through sport and activity.
- No commitment! Just turn up and give it a go, try as many activities as you like.
- Variety of sports and activities ranging from Team Sports, Individual Sports, Dance, Martial arts, Fitness and more!
- Clear pathway of development if you find the sport you love!
- To take part you must download the Plawaze app (available via Android/App store). Once downloaded you can join the 'University of Manchester' then search for Sporticipate and all our intramural Sports Leagues!
- Join the Sporticipate community here once you have the Playwaze app.
Volunteer with Sporticipate
Our A to Zs
Sport A to Z
View our A to Z of all the sports that we offer at Manchester.
Activities A to Z
Take a look at all the activities we offer to get you more active at Manchester.