One to One Support
We provide all the support you need to be active including on a one to one basis. This can provide extra motivation to be active or additional support in areas that are based on your specific needs.
We offer a range of services to provide you with the individual and tailored support that you need to stay fit, healthy and active.
Our fitness instructors can work with you to ensure that you are safe and confident in using our facilities, provide you with tailored programmes to support your training goals and tests to monitor how well you are doing against those goals.
Our physiotherapists can support you in making the most of your activity. This may be through rehabilitation, preventative therapies or supporting you with longer term conditions.
This is a one to one session with one of our qualified fitness instructors, in which you will be able to learn new techniques and perfect old ones on any piece of cardiovascular and resistance equipment. The session duration is between 30-45 minutes, and it’s totally flexible to your current levels of fitness.
- Ideal for members who are new to a gym environment
- Fitness staff will help you to understand the key health and safety aspects of the gym equipment
- A great chance to speak with a member of staff and get exercise advice to help you get started.
Personal Workout Programme
This is a tailored set workout plan designed for your fitness goals. Personalised training programmes consist of an initial consultation including a 10-15 minute meeting with a fitness consultant. Our qualified fitness staff will run through the programme, delivering basic training advice to include the correct intensity and execution of exercises.
- Suitable for everyone, especially if you are new to the gym.
- Programmes are designed by a fitness instructor to meet individual’s needs for a more effective workout
- An intensity and length of the programme can be tailored to your requirements. Once you have completed your personal programme you can choose to renew it
Body Composition Test
This is a one to one session with one of our qualified fitness instructor, perfect for those who want to learn how to lift weights in a safe manner. Familiarise yourself with using Olympic benches, squat and power racks, dumbbells and many more! Learn the correct techniques and purpose for exercises such as squats, deadlifts and bench presses to boost your confidence to work out more effectively.
- Suitable for members who conducted an induction first
- Ideal for members who are looking to incorporate weightlifting into their gym programme
- A great chance to learn how to use different free weight equipment in a safe manner
- Duration – 45-60 minutes
Whether it’s the need to recover from an injury which is affecting your ability to work and study, getting on your bike and playing 5-a-side at the weekend, or involves a more complex sports specific issue which is affecting your ability to perform on a Wednesday, The Physio Clinic will strive to help.
The Physio Clinic is based at The Armitage Sports Centre and appointments can be made via reception (in person or over the phone). Appointments will last 30 mins, with discounted rates available for students and staff.
|AU Club Member||UoM Student||Staff & Other Student||Public|
Download My Wellness App
Click this link to…..
Sport and Activities
See the sport and activities we have available at the Armitage Centre and more widely across UoM Sport.
Massage and Beauty therapy
We offer a range of holistic therapies at the university with treatments available on campus.
- Based in the treatment room (G.62) in the Wellbeing Rooms
- Treatments offered Monday, Tuesday. Wednesday and Thursday from 08:30 – 20:00
Kathleen Markham - Holistic massage therapist - Wednesday
Specialises in providing a holistic service to enhance people’s wellbeing, mentally, emotionally and physically. Treatments are tailored to individual needs.
|30 minute treatment||£17.00||£23.00|
|45 minute treatment||£26.00||£33.00|
|60 minute treatment||£33.00||£42.00|
- Phone 07891652750
- E-mail email@example.com
Abby Crowhurst - Massage & Beauty Therapy (Beauty Bee) - Tuesday, Thursday
Miriam Lopez - Massage - Monday
Specialises in Advanced Sports massage, Swedish massage, Deep Tissue massage, Slimming treatment, Constipation treatment, Initiation & Face Shiatsu, Foot and Hand massage, Relaxation massage, Therapeutic massage.
|30 minute treatment||£20.00||£25.00|
|45 minute treatment||£25.00||£30.00|
|60 minute treatment||£30.00||£35.00|
- Phone 07413399469
- E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Our A to Zs
Sport A to Z
View our A to Z of all the sports that we offer at Manchester.
Activities A to Z
Take a look at all the activities we offer to get you more active at Manchester.